Wednesday 28 February 2007

Don't kid yourself

All over the news today: a report on discrimination in the workplace has found that women with young children fare worst of all when it comes to employment.

Not in my workplace they don't - mothers with young children milk it for all it's worth, pardon the pun. Wee Johnny only has to sneeze and they're taking five days off because 'the child's not well'. In fact, there's women in my workplace who, having managed to be absent for most of the year because of their brats, then get their promotion boards. Who are they, Paul fucking Daniels? How can you prove your suitability for work at the next grade when you're never there to do the work at your current grade? I can hear toes treading lightly among the management.

Anyway...

As far as I'm concerned, having children is a lifestyle choice. If you can't afford kids, don't have them. It's as simple as that. Hearing women complaining about work and kids is a bit like me buying a top-of-the-range Beemer and then grumbling because I can't keep up the payments. Either be a mother or an employee. Don't try and be both. I resent paying taxes to keep up other people's kids when I, as a single, childless man, get fuck all tax breaks from the government for not being a drain on the state. And before some smart arse says, 'The taxes from today's kids will pay for your pension', answer me the question why I pay national insurance contributions now if it is not going towards MY pension.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on taxes! It's MY money not some lazy shit, wellfair sucking, baby factory's.
Entitlements are wrong no matter if they are promoting someone do doesn't deserve it(to fulfill a quota) or simply giving my money to some lazy unproductive shithead.

The Voice of Treason said...

Don't get me wrong Brian, I appreciate that some expenditure is necessary on children's health and education, but I would also like the governemnt to turn round to me and say, 'There you go - you've paid a good bit in this year and haven't taken anything out. Have a weekend on the juice on us'. Some fucking chance.

JC Skinner said...

Yup. Drop a sprog and you're on a flier, tax wise, career wise and sitting on your fat arse wise too.

Is it just me? said...

Right.I'm the exception to the rule so.I've been busting my ass for the last ten years with two little boys who've been sick from time to time and you know what I do?I call the doctor to the house at night and with two or three doses of whatever he prescribes for them inside them, head straight into work next day..because I have to.Where are these lazy bitches and can I get some tips from them?.Seriously though if we want to be treated the same then women can't sit around on their asse's playing the 'sick child' card.

NB can someone read my blog? Ta.