Monday 12 March 2007

It Beggars Belief

Why are there so many beggars on the streets of Belfast these days?

I don't mind the odd one who looks like he's been dragged through a hedge and is looking 50p for a cup of tea. I usually end up giving him a pound, there for the grace of God go I and all that. But today was different. There was a guy begging outside the Mall in Great Victoria Street. He was of south Mediterranean appearance. He put the lid of an aerosol can in front of my face and asked me for spare change. He was kitted out in the best of gear. He had better strides than me, better shoes than me and a better coat than me. All in all he was better looked after than me! I just looked at him and walked on. He'll probably end up getting a few quid and then drive off home in his new Beemer or something.

I know charity begins at home, but I'm starting to get pissed off with it. Also in Great Victoria Street a few weeks ago, some local guy begging reached his arm out and tried to pull me towards him. He may have been going for the friendly approach, but he also may have been going for my throat with a knife. I told him to fuck away off before I ripped his head off and stuck it up his hole. He was not so quick to come near me when I walked by again 10 minutes later.

They're starting to become as bad as the charity wanker headlockers than infest the city centre. I wonder how much cattle prods go for on eBay?

5 comments:

Brian Damage said...

I'm afraid they're a fact of life. I don't like the Romanians playing crappy accordian music on the streets of Cavan but I can't legally get them off our streets.

Still though, cattle prods ... hmmm ...

JC Skinner said...

Cattle prods? You mean like big fat bovine Prods who shuffle about Royal Avenue in Rangers tops, shovelling big macs into their gaping maws?
You think they'll shift the beggars? Could be a good plan.

The Voice of Treason said...

JC you've just struck gold! We could get the fat mingers to try and come on to the beggars, and shift them off the streets. If I was a beggar and seen a three tessy dressed in a Rangers top and ill-fitting trackbottoms, I wouldn't be long getting offside myself.

You can be my Tánaiste JC.

Dario,

I don't mind the Romanians, at least they keep themselves to themselves. It's the aggressive fuckers I can't stomach.

JC Skinner said...

Deal, Treason. When's the revolution?

JC Skinner said...

Oh, you heard they just legalised begging by accident in the Republic?

http://skinflicks.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-beg-to-differ.html