Monday 4 June 2007

Spinning out of control

Maybe I'm a bit late with this one, but is anyone as pissed off as I am hearing about that kid McCann that has been missing for a month? I would like to see her returned to her parents as much as anyone else would, but I don't want it shoved in my face everytime I turn the TV on or open a newspaper.

The blame, I suppose, lies with gutter right-wing British tabloid press who have taken this story and made it into a money-spinner to sell their rags, รก la Princess Diana. The esteemed parents, Kate and Gerry, now have a campaign manager and are undertaking ' a European tour' to secure their daughter's safe return. Who do they think they are, the fucking Rolling Stones?! And... I think having a meeting with the German Shepherd was particularly pointless and tasteless, given the Catholic Church's particularly poor track record on all matters children. What's he gonna do, ask his foot soldiers if any of them have her?

The next time person to send me an e-mail saying 'click here for Madeleine' is going to get a swift kick in the hole...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

fair balls, good post.

I liked the dig about the footsoldiers. Good one.


To follow up what dario said. Was it you using the VoT thing for commenting.

Sweary said...

Holy Jaysus.

On the footsoldiers, that is. Holy Jaysus.

The Voice of Treason said...

Hey Sweary good to see you back at the Voice of Treason. I could call them Stormtroopers, but that just makes me sound like vintage Ian Paisley!

Niall, I think someone was using that name for a while. Can't leave anything down for two seconds fuck's sake! :D

JC Skinner said...

Don't you know? Only rich people's kids matter.